Solved Experiencing an error when trying to use the stand-alone version of STING

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Balian of Ibelin, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Balian of Ibelin

Balian of Ibelin Active Member

Hello everybody !
    I would like to share with you the issue I am currently experiencing.
    I have downloaded STING 2.24 stand-alone version of maphack, but I am unable to use it properly for a more than 2-3 games without the stupid error message that is showing up: "Halt" Location:, line #1383/ Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6fe2232e. To put it more throughly, when I speak to Ormus for example, the line # could be a different number, it is not necessary for the error to be always "1383". What I mean is that it would again appear as "Halt" error, but could be another number. I have tried to use the BM stand alone version as well (I am unable to solve the ACCESS VIOLATION issue despite having followed all the steps in the general guide topic and issue related topics). As for the integrated versions of both STING/BM - I am either joining rather slowly or being totally unable to start the game (I do manage to launch the game on 5 occasions out of 10).
    Just to mention, I have seached for similar topics here, related to resolutions and etc, but I am not able to solve this on my own. I have:
    1. Unistalled the game.
    1.2 Deleted the battle.net folder from regedit
    1.3 Reinstalled the game
    2. Patched the game with the eurobattlenet installer (as shown on the website).
    3. Checked the DEF settings
    4. Checked the antivirus (put the whole damn folder in exceptions)
    5. Checked the Defender (put the exception there as well)
    6. Set all the three exe. files to XP2/ADMIN
    7. Launched the maphack.exe as an admin as well.
    8. When I try to start the MH first, then the game is not started at all. The exe starts, but right before the Blizzard video the game blocks.

On the other hand, if I play without any kind of map hack, I don't experience any kind of issues of that sort.
    I would like to thank everybody in advance that would be willing to assist me and apologise if I haven't found a similar topic that would have helped me !

GeRRy_OD likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there,
    Since you didn't mention what operating system you're using I'm guessing it's windows 10? Do you run the game in window mode or full screen?
    Start the game in window mode and give the integrated version a try again while running in this mode.

3. Balian of Ibelin

I am using Win7/32. Well I am not exactly a fan of windowed way of playing. Actually, it causes troubles even in windowed version. I tried with ,the Loader and with a -w for the Game.exe as well. Same story, sadly.
    If you have some ideas, I will be glad to hear. I am sure this might be resolved somehow, it is just me that don't know how to do it, haha. I might try, as you said, to do with the integrated STING once more. This time, I could be able to join at normal rates, we will see.

My point is that I don't want to play every time with the map hack, for instance.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 10, 2020 ---
    Yesterday and today I have been playing decently. Just one-two crashes and that's all.

4. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

Hi friend! I have the same problem and already solved it .

Go to yours D2 directory
    Find d2vidtest.exe, run it in widows xo sp 2 mode as administrator, skip test and try to use one of two another graphics options. If problem will again, try another one video mode. I am playing in direct 2d now xD

Please tell if it will help you

5. Balian of Ibelin

GeRRy_OD, thanks for the information, I will try it later. For the time being, it is working decently.

Moved previous general questions posts made in this thread under a new separate one http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/general-questions.545117/
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 10, 2020 ---
    Sadly, no. Still the same "halt" error with the integrated version. The difference with the integrated is that it crashes on the second/third game. With the stand-alone version I am able to make even 20 games sometimes, without a crash. As for the d2vidtest.exe - I wasn't able to start the game in 2D nor in the other 3x.. something opton. Only 3D is available for me. I am somehow assuming this issue has to do with the video card and its drivers. I have INTEL HD (the shit integrated video card, which causes much trouble in many other different games as well).

6. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

Try to pass vidtest before choosing 2d mode

7. Balian of Ibelin

I do, as you told me, I do skip the test. The thing is the game doesn't start at all. Some people have mentioned in other similar topics that if you put the stand-alone maphack in a entirely different folder might resolve the issue. I didn't think about it. Maybe it affect the game exe's somehow.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 11, 2020 ---
    Funny, but when I played with BH maphack I had no crashes ! I can think of a single one that happened in ACT III. The rest of the time I don't bump into these troubles. The thing is, with BF, that I cannot launch the game every time I want :D. Out of 20 attempts, I do succeed in 6-7 :D.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2020 ---
    Gix, while in window mode, is there any way of enlargening it as much as possible (near-full-screen) ? I can't use the mouse scroll and extend it manually ? Is there a workaround ?

8. Gix

Gix Founder

You could try using http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/
    I also suggest you follow this post and perform a clean re-install of the game exactly as mentioned in there, that might help you with the launch problems including when using BH maphack.

PS: Kindly use the edit button if you need to add new content to your post and there are no other replies after yours.

colder and Balian of Ibelin like this.
  9. Balian of Ibelin

Gix, for the future I would try to comply to your polite advice. Since your post could be regarded as a one after mine, I am putting a new one related to the final resolution of the issue. Fortunately, I will set it to resolved. However, I am running the game in D2 mode, neither the 3glix, nor the 3D is working properly. Followed the latest advice by Gix, and now I am using the integrated version. Well, there is some minor concerns, game could close on its own if it is minimalized a couple of times or etc, but nothing major. I should say that I wasn't able to run the game in D2 mode until I had installed the glide-wrapper. Now it is fine. I thank you all !

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    colder and Tzutzu79 like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted