Solved Unable to run d2vidtst properly

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by zeuxman, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeuxman

zeuxman Member

Hi all!

Im new at this server and im having problems during the installation of glidewrapper.

I was suffering fps drops during the game so i started reading the forum for finding a solution. I saw that most of problems like that were solved installing the glide wrapper. I followed all the instructions of multiple posts of the forum but i cant still solve my problem. Even i tried to reinstall completely d2 3 times but the same problem occurs.

When i try to run d2vidtst everything goes ok until 3dfxglide test starts. Then an error appears: "Unhandled exception: acces_violation (c0000005)"
    I tried changing DEP settings, downloading indirect sound... everything i found in forum... but i still have same problem.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome,
    Have you tried the solution given in the glide wrapper guide thread even if your D2VidTest.exe starts? http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/

kiwifruit and Atox like this.
  3. zeuxman

zeuxman Member

yes, i selected recommended settings of compatibility of d2vidtest, but the same error appears

4. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

I had the same issue, then i realised i had to run d2vidtest.exe as administrator and compatibility mode for windows xp sp 2.

ivan g and Atox like this.
  5. zeuxman

zeuxman Member

omg, now i cant enter battlenet... i was doing a new reinstallation and a new error appeared. When i click on battle net inside the game, the "Unhandled exception" error appears and i cant enter the game. I went again to the forum and try all possibilities and its impossible now i cant enter the battle net. Trying to solve a minor problem i provoked a major problem, lol... need your help! (i did 5 or 6 new reinstallations erasing all files and registry and error continues)

6. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Give my advice a try: search for the install disc images for D2 and for a set of cdkeys, use WinCDEmu to mount virtual images, then perform a clean install. After that, go to the Tools page on the EuropeBNet website and follow the steps there. Don't forget about the two important checks: Run as Admin and Compatibility Settings set to WinXP SP2.
    It worked on my machine :). Quite a while ago....

7. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Kefflar32 likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

@zeuxman, that is due to changing your windows DEP settings and not restarting your PC upon reverting them. That is if you actually did revert them back to normal, otherwise make sure you do so.
    I don't know what you've tried so far but this is guaranteed to work http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/#post-764275

/edit If it's already set to essential Windows programs and services only then go ahead and switch back and forth to the 2nd option then back to the 1st one and restart your computer.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Stefansg likes this.
  9. zeuxman

zeuxman Member

ok maybe thats the point, cause i cant click on the menu of DEP settings and i dont know why. I tried to do it with the CMD but im not sure if it worked. i upload a screenshot with my issue with the DEP. There is a message (im spanish sry) that says "u must be an admin to use this configuration, but im the admin and the unique user of my laptop...

Attached Files:

10. Gix

Gix Founder

By the looks of it your Windows DEP is completely disabled which is something you shouldn't be doing. Have you been following some internet tutorial or so or why is your DEP completely disabled from windows settings? I'll send you a PM as I have some spare minutes and I'll help you remotely with this.

/edit This has been fixed, if anyone is curious about the fix log you can read it below.
    DEP was disabled and completely turned off within windows registry settings, therefore it had to be enabled first (bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn) and then have its behavior set back to default (bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx OptIn). After a restart, the DEP menu was available again and we could set it to essential Windows programs and services only.
    The game started right away and error free after a clean installation, frame rate drops were also gone and everything works smooth.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  11. zeuxman

zeuxman Member

with the knowledge and help of Gix i finally solve my problem. Activating againd DEP and reinstalling the game. Ty very much!

Gix, Atox, colder and 2 others like this.